Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

I WOULDN’T CHANGE 1 MEMORY


2 things happened this day last year … I forced myself to sit in Bob’s recliner, & a man from Steele’s Memorial Chapel (funeral home up the street) brought by the ‘proofs’ for the grave markers – he wanted me to check them and make sure they were okay.


Today, this year, I am waking up to tropical rainfall (50-degrees, wet and balmy) instead of a frosty/icy morning. I have been sitting in Bob’s recliner for a full year – but it still seems to me that HE should BE sitting in it. I don’t cry 24/7 anymore: but I do still miss him. A LOT.



I stopped going to the Grief~Share meets because they really weren’t beneficial to my moving forward. They were actually pretty boring.

I’ve kinda figured Bob’s phone out – there are still some features I’m afraid to touch; but by and large, I’ve figured out the basic features I use all the time. Getting the billing figured out, with the $$$ getting to the correct account, was the MAIN hassle! I believe AT&T is part of the demoncrat political empire because both try to resurrect the dead to fork out $$$.



AT&T couldn’t seem to correctly sort the billing out after I dropped Bob’s Name from the account AND CLEARLY MY NAME IS BEING BILLED UNDER A NEW ACCOUNT … it literally took them 11 MONTHS to figure out that BOB WAS DEAD and INCAPABLE of paying MY BILL – even though ((((I was IN the LOCAL downtown office EVERY MONTH)))) telling them that, and having them go over the account information. EVERY STINKING MONTH. m.o.r.o.n.s.!
I grabbed a 6-pack on the way home from the local office in July; I finished the last little jigger last month ... despite having to deal with bona fide dimwits, airheads, and asses at every turn since becoming a widow, I'm being a 'good girl' ;-)

This year, I don’t look at people, or papers, stupidly anymore when I hear Bob's name ... or I see Bob’s name – now, I just get annoyed; AARP KNOWS Bob is no longer among the living! I spoke to them myself and TOLD them that … and yet, I still receive ‘urgent!’ membership renewals requiring him to ‘reply immediately!’ Pisses me off.

I do, occasionally in town, run into people who knew Bob – male and female – and they still tell me ‘I’m so sorry, Val’. I am sorry too. The guys tell me Bob was a ‘great guy’: HE WAS. And the women (who knew him in school and around the hometown; and had a secret crush on him), tell me ‘Bob was a handsome guy.’ YES! He was – and I don’t mind them saying so ;-)



 
  
 
 

 

I was incredibly blessed for 44 years.

Now, Heaven is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment