Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, May 25, 2023

WESTPORT-OR; PUGET ISLAND/CASTLE ROCK/TOUTLE-WA

May 20th: I'm really enjoying our stay here at Clatskanie's 'RV Outdoor Adventures'; I like the quietness. I like the farmyard atmosphere - the crowing of the rooster at dawn … and waking up to ducks (as I did this morning) outside my back door :-)

Ducks outside my back door, this morning.

We've been hustling to get things done  … and I guess Holland thought I was getting snippy, because he said, "Come're Baby. You know what you need? You need to get out of the house. What do you think about taking the ferry across the River? You haven't had a scenic ride in a while."

I was out the door, pronto ;-)

My man knows me: more gets done around the house after I enjoy a relaxing out-of-house moment, than will ever get done if I feel squeezed by 4 walls and housework all day long.

We drove to Westport-OR (our side of the River), to take the Wahkiakum Ferry across the Columbia River, to Puget Island-WA.

Wahkiakum County Ferry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahkiakum_County_ferry & http://clatsopnews.com/2019/01/03/wahkiakum-ferry-legacy/

Everyone wanted to look at-pet-and puppy talk to Bleu, which excited him … and I got peed on: Holland laughed, and Bleu gave me the pity eyes; it's a boy thing.

Westport-OR from Clatskanie-OR; 11 min (9.2 mi) via US-30 W
Westport Ferry Landing to Sunny Sands, Puget Island Ferry Landing.
Taking the ferry across the Columbia, at Westport-OR; the average trip across the river is 12 min.
Driving into position.
Leaving Westport Ferry Landing.
Bleu got so excited with all the attention - he peed on me!
The Ferry Landing on Puget Island-WA
Disembarking.
Bleu is becoming Curious George. LOL

On the Washington side, we drove through Cathlamet and down Ocean Beach Highway; taking Coal Creek Road over Delameter to Castle Rock, where we enjoyed some river time there - and Bleu experienced his first water play moments.

Bleu's first river experience; Castle Rock-WA

After Bleu dried off, we drove out Spirit Lake Highway in Toutle, to visit Holland's cousin; who was enjoying time in her RV at the Silver Lake Resort :-)

My husband gave me a good outing.

And I gave our home a good going over once we got back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment