Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, May 25, 2023

HOLLAND DOING HIS THING

May 22nd: Holland likes to cook … and has by and far claimed the kitchen as his domain.

I'm not sure when I'll get to cook; but I kept some of my favorite cookbooks, just in case he allows me space in his space ;-)

I finally found a George Foreman Grill the other day, in town - so, we used it tonight.
Holland made up some smoky pork chops for tonight - and later on. The rest will go in the freezers of the outside kitchen.
He also made up some Beef Steaks - nicely cut and seasoned.

Supper was awesome :-)

Holland is a good cook.

After Supper, I started putting some things from storage in place, in our home on wheels: one of the things that was set in place was a Spider Plant I had received as a gift last Summer. I had watered it well before placing it in the Storage Unit the day we left for West Virginia - nearly a month ago. It held up well, and I brought it home a couple days ago.

Tonight, I wanted it set on place.

Holland had seen me fiddling with my plant (pulling off faded leaves, and snipping browned tips), and he noticed me pulling my little step stool out of the pantry … so, he lifted the plant and asked, "Where do you want this?" I put the stool back, and pointed to the top of the back bathroom cabinet, and said, "Up there - I think there is a recessed area that this thing will fit snuggly into; I'll pull it down when we pull out of here, and put it in the sink where it will be safe until we set up again."

The Spider Plant snippet that Gail, from Naselle, sent home with me last June … has matured; and is sending out babies of it's own.

Holland has always paid attention to me. He noticed everything I wore - everything I said (and didn't say) - he noticed my actions. We were best friends before we became best for each other ;-)

Holland is 6'4": what was a big stretch for me, was easy-peasy for him :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment