Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

UTAH, IDAHO, & OREGON

More and more people in general have me shaking my head; and wondering how much gray matter they actually have between their ears.

I thought maybe it was a PNW thing: a heavy cloud cover means there is not much solar power to generate brain power. But, I am finding that faulty brain waves affect people everywhere :-(

Anyway …

We enjoyed our KOA stay in Salt Lake City; THAT was enjoyable.

Leaving Salt Lake City-Utah, for Twin Falls, Idaho.
Passing an Oil Refinery; Holland has worked in oil fields & was around refineries.
We just cannot get away from 'severe weather'. UGH!

We stopped at the Wal*Mart on the way out of town; and spent heavily - everything was a necessity, so that was okay.

The reason I felt the need for my own Earth happened in the parking lot: that was NOT enjoyable.

Parking lots in Brigham City are ridiculous - even without the 5th Wheel, our 4x is long & wide!
People are retarded when it comes to big rig concepts.

I don't do well with stupid people. I am annoyed easily with thoughtless actions: don't people think anymore????

I was glad to get out of the city.

Wide open spaces appeal more to me.

I prefer wide open countryside to congested city areas.

While crossing the Idaho-Utah Border, Holland asked if I was okay with driving straight through to Oregon so we'd be closer to our goal. Holland had called ahead, to secure the bed, when we were in Salt Lake City.

Was I ready? Absolutely!

We were so ready for our new bed ;-)

Going after our new bed, tomorrow morning.

And I learned, after we crossed the border and found a Rest Area to stretch our legs, let Bleu out and about, and just wind down a bit … that I was the stupid one ;-)

In my defense, I can only say that I have lived in the PNW most of my life: I haven't had as much solar brain charges as my southernly exposed husband has. LOL

Holland didn't say that I had been stupid - but I felt that after he gently lectured me on how to be aware in rattlesnake country; he wasn't being mean in his lecturing, he was just concerned about my safety and Bleu's safety.

He educated me on a situation I am ignorant in … and he is wise in. I appreciated that; we will be going into territories he is familiar with - deadly snake states (rattlesnake, copperhead, coral, water moccasin/cottonmouth, ect.). He has survived those territories because he was once educated, too :-)

When it comes to rattlesnakes (and all that goes with it), I am a wife 'in training' ;-)

A fragrant bush - the air was pleasantly scented; Juniper berries.
Holland gives me a warning about Bleu; that directly concerns me, too.
Another Bush Survival Learning Lesson.
I hate snakes - especially poisonous ones; Holland is a snake wrangler.

As we drove closer to Twin Falls, a storm broke out in front of us. Eventually, we were surrounded by lightening. I wanted to get a good picture of the light show, but the windshield was so filthy with bug guts (Holland is lazy about clearing the windshield - he doesn't want wear-and-tear on his windshield blades); and I said, "I would have liked to have gotten some shots of that zig-zagging lightening Holland, but the  windshield was so filthy. I wish you'd clean it more often."

Almost immediately after saying those words, a wet and wild downpour of hail cleared the windshield. Holland winked at me, and said, "Looks like you got your clean windshield, Baby." Then, he seriously said, "I'll try to do better about keeping the windshield clearer."

Husband in training: good boy ;-)

Bleu had slept through the whole thing … and didn't wake up until we reached another Rest Area; between La Grande-OR & Pendleton-OR.

We fed/walked him; and settled in for a restful night before facing Portland traffic with the dawn.

We were smack dab in the middle of the storm cell - thunder and lightening.
Hail; and a clean windshield followed.
Bleu comfortably slept through the whole thing.
Going to push as close to Portland-OR as possible before calling it a day.
We want that bed a.s.a.p.
The Snake River area; Idaho.
The Snake River, in Idaho.
A converted school bus RV.
We reached Oregon.
MAP La Grande, Oregon to Portland, Oregon; 4 hr 8 min (259.2 mi) via I-84 W

1 comment:

  1. I'd have to be educated too. I've been in the woods of Pennsylvania most of my life and was always cautious. But I think I'd still need a good education too. I don't do stupidity well either.
    Thanks bunches for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete