Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, December 21, 2020

FINDING JOY IN THE MUNDANE

It was just an ordinary day.

All of my days, lately, seem to move into another without much fanfare.

I showered; padded down the hallway … turned the radio on, put 8 eggs on the stove to hard-boil … and changed the color of my nail polish before getting back to work on my mitt’s design, started yesterday:

Beginning Mitt's Body; I am using scrap yarn ... if these turn out as expected, I will make some for the 2021 Bazaar Season with new yarn ðŸ˜‰

(https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2020/12/inspiration.html)

I hope to have them completed tomorrow 😊.

Normally, I would work on them straight through the night if need be to get them done (new original designs always gets me too excited to knock off work early in the crafting process) – but my leg is still not 100%, and I need to pace myself a little wiser so I don’t screw up my healing process.

So, now, I sit and work on my design for an hour … then, I get up and move around for a bit to relieve that sciatic nerve and keep my leg/foot from cramping.

I hope I can get out walking at some point during the upcoming week, when the rain slacks off. I am glad to be losing weight (and noticeably, too), but I need to tone my thighs. It will take time to work back up to the milage I was walking before my leg went bum, but I’m slowly working back into my walking routine.

In this also, I am learning to pace myself.

I am not used to being reined in … so it’s another ‘adjustment’.

Anyway …

I was listening to the radio, working my design out and jotting notations down as the work progressed; when a particular song came on and my thoughts took me to a place in time, when every once in a while, Bob would come dancing into the room – grinning, and wiggling his eyebrows at me … and I join him while we laughed and cavorted with each other to the backbeat of the music filling our surroundings.

I really miss those spontaneous moments.

And I knew I couldn’t entertain those thoughts too long without being sucked under.

This was a good time to stop where I was in my unfolding design, until tomorrow.

I also had to shell the hard-boiled eggs and put them in the ‘fridge.

Mitt's Forefinger Hole. MOD
Hard Boiled eggs.

And wouldn’t you know it: when I logged into FB … someone had posted a video of a couple dancing in their living room!

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5mGevMW6Rg)

Obviously, I was not going to be able to get away from those triggered memories; so, I just rode the wave until it played itself out.

I am grateful for the memories: I was loved, and loved deeply by a good man who was faithful to me and our marriage.

I had joy … I still have joy. 

I am grateful I am finding enjoyment in designing/crafting, again.

Designing and crafting brings me joy. 

I don’t need a lot to have a happy life 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment