Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

OOH LA-LA!

My eyes got a happy treat this afternoon when I collected the garbage and recycle bins from the streetside curb, after pick-up πŸ˜‰

I noticed the short tulip with the variegated leaves, had blossomed – and it was a nice, sunny yellow 😊

Yellow with orange dots on inside of petals.
Bicolor striped leaves of the yellow-orange tulip.
A Pink Star tulip; a peony style tulip, with pale white stripes on inside of petals; Giant White Hyacinth also showing.

The anemones are coloring up, and setting blossom, too; they’re a little scraggly, but the weather here has been bipolar, and the warmth-loving bulbs have been getting the weather run-around: they simply don’t know how they should behave  they're struggling 

Anemones are sprouting and beginning to blossom.
Various anemone hues.

I also noticed that the tallest tulip – the pink Apeldoorn, had spread it’s long, fat petals; significantly – exposing its heavily pollen-laden center to the buzzing bee’s delight! I carefully dodged the busy bee to loosely measure the spread πŸ˜‰

WOW; this Pink Apeldoorn tulip really spread itself in the sunshine!
It's the same width in diameter, as my entire hand.
An impressive 7-inch spread ...

Back indoors I saw that a couple of the over-wintering geraniums set along the livingroom window sill, had also burst into bloom; I was happy to see that the salmon-colored one is thriving quite happily and enjoying the sunshine that manages to cut through the clouds.

Salmon blossoms on the Geraniums flourishing indoors.
This White Geranium has bloomed several times overwintering, indoors.

And out of the corner of my eye, as I was admiring the geraniums … I caught sight of a surprise tulip standing alone and daring Mother Nature’s wild tempest to abuse it in the blue Iris container outside, in the garden area. I was so surprised; I grabbed the camera and ran outside to get a picture of this unexpected sight. Bob, if he happened to be riding by on a cloud, was probably laughing at my actions, and the contemplative expression on my face πŸ˜‰

I don't remember planting this at all - and it has never bloomed before, in this 10-yo-planted container.

Before I left the garden area and came back inside, I strolled along the lower end of the lot’s garden area, and saw that the Grape Hyacinths are growing a little too thick in the Apple Tree containers …

Grape Hyacinths in the Patio Apple planter ... the garden boxes need weeded; and the apple tree needs upended & repotted.
The prolific hyacinths need to be thinned.

… the lot and the garden boxes need a good weeding (dandelions are out of control); some of the garden box weeds have really sunk deep roots with all the rain lately, and they are growing so tall, they are pushing heavily against the netting covering the garden boxes against skulking neighborhood cats who want to make my garden boxes their personal dump sites.

God willing, the rain will back off enough over the weekend (and the bronchial infection will back down, too) so that I can get into my garden area and turn the soil over, rooting out the weeds and preparing the boxes for veggie transplants.

While I ate lunch and cruised today’s Blog Hops; I was pleasantly surprised again, when I noticed my post had been highlighted on the ‘Loops and Love Crochet’ Blog Hop. It makes me feel good when people enjoy my personal designs.

MOD Book Cover featured on 'Loops and Love Crochet' Blog Hop.

Every surprise today has been a good one 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment