Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, June 29, 2020

TIME CAPSULE 1 ON DISK


I mentioned a few days ago that I stumbled upon some picture disks that Bob had made for me – but I wasn’t aware of them until earlier this week.


These time capsules on disk are like kisses from heaven :-D


I am visiting our granddaughter this week; and these pictures make me smile because that timeframe, at that point in our lives, was a fun time.

Bob loved his grandkids, and took the time to spend time with them.

2001. Bob & Alyna - 6 yo Alyna loved riding the John Deere tractor/mower/rototiller, around the back yard with Bob. Alyna & her Grandpa were very close. Alyna is our first miracle grandchild that doctors told our daughter "would never be conceived naturally": doctors WERE WRONG. 14 years before Alyna was born, Bob died - and was dead for 25 minutes: doctors said he'd never regain cognitive abilities & would need to be placed in a nursing home for the rest of his life: doctors WERE WRONG.
That old shed would eventually be pulled down, and Bob would rototill a garden area for me - every Spring.
2003. Alyna – 3 years older and mowing the back yard by herself. 9 yo

Bob is with us in spirit this 4th of July.



And though Alyna has ferrets now, she remembers her first 2 furry loves.

1996. Pals for life. Tyson - 3 yo; Alyna 1 yo
2001. Tyson, our Pomeranian. He really was a loving little thing. He wormed his way into all our hearts. He was in our lives for 12 years before he went to the Happy Hunting Grounds.
2004. My wolf, Precious. 1 year old – she was born on the 4th of July. She, also was 12 years old when she went to the Happy Hunting Grounds.
2004. Alyna & Precious; loving pals. Alyna named Precious "precious" ... because she was. Alyna - 9 yo; Precious - 1 yo

I drove from home in Washington State; to Sauvie’s Island, in Oregon …


… then the kids met me, changed drivers; and Alyna ferried me to her house. I, as passenger, took copious notes so I can eventually drive myself to and fro on the backroads: that is the hope anyway. I really need to buckle down and DO THIS.

Just before we reached her home, a deer ran across the road in front of us. Alyna did well – I’m sure Bob was proud ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment