Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, December 30, 2021

HOME BENEFITS

Christmas 2021 … and tomorrow’s New Year’s Eve, are 4-year markers of those holidays that I did not get to share with Bob.

I used to tell Bob that I really hoped my ticket was punched before his, because “I could not live without you, Babe.”

And then.

Bob’s ticket number was called; and he went before me.

And over a period of 36 months, I’ve come to the realization that I somehow, incredibly, could live without him. I woke up that first morning of widowhood – I woke up every morning for that first week of solo loboing.

For a month.

For 2 months … 4 months … 6 months: 1 year.

For 36 months (3 years, and 16 days – today): 1,111 days and nights have come and gone, and I have learned to live without Bob’s physical presence in my life.

In the Spring, Summer, and Fall months the missingness is easier because I’m out of the house most of the time: country drives, daytrips, road trips, hiking, social gatherings, ect.

But in the Winter months, when the weather is dicey and driving is tricky; I’m stuck pretty much at home. Admittedly, “stuck at home” is relatively short – but it’s still a stuck period, where I’m housebound.

I never could stand being cooped up … and that feeling intensifies now that Bob is no longer here. So, I have to make those cloying housebound days count to pull me out of a {missingness} mind-slump.

The months of 2021, I broadened my horizons and ventured further afield in adventurous daytrips; learning new roads, and retracing remembered loop-routes I made with Bob throughout our 44 years together. Those backroad drives were looooong drives.

I ate out … a lot.

When I got home, I had just enough time to change from day clothes into p.j.’s; and fall into bed. I exercised in a hit-n-miss pattern – and it was showing.

Now, it’s time to knuckle down again – and rein the laissez faire attitude in: toning up, and slimming the curves ๐Ÿ˜‰

Exercising is a home benefit.

I actually like exercising, so it’s not a hardship.

I exercise every other day … and like switching out the exercise regimes ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is what I did today:

Fit & Toned Arms for Ageless (Mature) Women

15 Minute Senior Pilates Chair Class- to build Core Strength in a Safe and Gentle

I’m planning on wearing sleeveless tops, shorts … and the straight-leg jeans I bought this year (the only type of jeans selling in stores): I need toned arms, and a slimmer physique by March 2022.

These ‘home benefit’ exercises will accomplish that ๐Ÿ˜‰

No comments:

Post a Comment