Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, March 13, 2020

CASTLE ROCK RIVER HIKE.2015


When I pass through Castle Rock, I pass the hiking trail Bob and I hiked on occasion.

My eyes are always drawn to it in passing … but I have not been able to hike it alone since becoming a widowed solo lobo. The memories are still too strong, and my heart is not yet ready to deal with the flashes of memories that shadowy trail would invoke.


These pictures are in Bob’s laptop photo files. They were taken 5 years ago, when we first walked the trails along the Cowlitz River that runs through Castle Rock.

Bob had broken his thigh bone in 1978, and though the surgeons did salvage the damage done … they had originally thought the leg may have to be amputated; the break was so bad … the healed bone had, by 2015, begun to settle crookedly. But, Bob did not let that slow him down.

I miss Bob’s ‘go-get-‘em’ attitude.

I miss Bob’s sunny disposition, no matter what life threw his way.

I MISS Bob’s laughter, and impish grin.


I am glad Bob was a huge part of my life for 44 years …

Bob mercilessly teasing me because I refused to cross that board
Signs of Beavers
Fungi; baby Conks
Spring green
Bird tracks
River Rocks
More chancy creek crossings ... I got my feet wet wading the creek instead ;-)

I love you, Babe.

Always ~ OX

No comments:

Post a Comment