Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, January 28, 2017

MOD Desert Sunrise Dish Towel

I like using antique patterns, so while looking through my pattern book I saw this knit ‘Honeycomb Tweed’ pattern and thought it would work for my new dish towel design; and the colors are in keeping with my desert theme ;-)

I am liking the softness of the towels I design, and the texture patterns I am using. I am searching my various pattern books to find usable patterns that will be able to reflect desert colors without causing a jumbled mess of tangled yarn in the back of the towels … this pattern is keeper :-D

MOD Desert Sunrise Dish Towel

Cotton yarn: 3-oz. ‘Blue Jeans’ (MC) & 3-oz. ‘Over the Rainbow’ (CC)
#10-1/2 Knitting Needles
#J/10 crochet hook

With MC, cast on 73 sts; Purl 1 row.

Row 2: Continue with MC and repeat the following - *K 1, slip next st purlwise*; end with a K 1.
Row 3: Continue with MC and P 1 row; drop MC and attack CC.
Row 4: With CC, K 2 and repeat the following - *slip 1 st purlwise, K 1*; end with K 2.
Row 5: Continue with CC and P 1 row drop CC and attach MC.

Repeat rows 2 thru 5 for a total of 118 rows pattern.


Finish towel as follows: With Mc, K 1 row/Purl 1 row/slip stitch across each stitch and end off … OR continue with MC and single crochet around entire towel, working 2 sc in each towel corner. The crochet edge will help the towel lay flatter with less edge curl.

1 comment:

  1. I love this such pretty colours, thank you for sharing with the stash party. :)

    ReplyDelete