Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, March 9, 2023

"OUR DAY" ~Soltero's in Kelso

Kenny Chesney - 'Because Of Your Love' song:
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FggbelxSfPU)

Holland and I agreed early on that we would put our marriage before anyone or anything else.

Holland suggested we make plans every week for a specified day we would set aside to spend time together: the entire day would not be interrupted by anyone, or anything. We can do that easily - we're both retired.

So, that is what we did today. We have loads of stuff that needs to get done (we barely made a dent in the 'To Do List' yesterday); but today is "Our Day", so everything and everyone else is just going to have to wait. Tomorrow will come soon enough, and then we'll get busy with the other things.

Last week I chose how we spent {Our Day} … today, was Holland's choice - and it was a good one :-)

We first went to The Tractor Supply Co., to grab bottled water; while there, he thumbed through the baseball cap selections to find one that would fit my small head. We found one - and the Logo is okay. This country bumpkin happens to like John Deere's ;-)

My new baseball cap - notice the sizing ;-) The elasticized back is perfect - not the snap kind, or the Velcro type. THIS WORKS.

Then we drove to Kelso to get some oil and flour at the Chef's Store, near the airstrip airport there … before eating Supper at Holland's favorite Mexican Restaurant.

I had never been there before: this was a new experience. And it was a wonderful surprise. I had driven past it for decades, but this was the first time I'd ever stepped inside.

I asked Holland if we could make this "our restaurant" - the one we frequent when in the mood for good mexican food: he said we could, and he was happy with my request.

I have eaten at most of the other mexican restaurants, and before this experience, I had favored the El Ranchero in Lexington; but the food at Soltero's today was delish, and it's a place I have never been with Bob.

I am building a new life with Holland. I want new experiences in my new life with my new husband :-)

A new mexican restaurant; I've never been here before. The whole place is filled with hand-painted murals, from the outside, in.
It was beautiful, and felt very welcoming. I liked it immediately: Soltaro's Dine-In Mexican Restaurant: 300 S Pacific Ave S, Kelso.
Window above our table - I love the brickwork.
Our table, and the tile work running the entire room, and boarding our table.
Holland did good in making 'Our Day' special. I tried a margarita for the 1st time.
A little tart like a whisky sour - but I like it.
Holland's meal choice. He loves LOTS of pepper on his food …
My meal choice. I ate the whole thing; definitely a repeat dish.
While I ate, I noticed this design on the building across the street.
I also noticed several of the tables in the restaurant had different patterns on them.
I like the way this place was decorated - good vibes here. We'll be coming back.
I love making memories with my husband :-)

After we stuffed ourselves on the good food (and I finished off that huge margarita), we drove to Willow Grove. Holland likes to relax and unwind by watching the river for a bit. I like the fresh air, and people watching.

Eastern blowing wind whipped up rough, white-capped water on the River this evening.
We spotted a ship around Oak Point moving swiftly towards Willow Grove.
The 'Dubai Galactic' was wasting no time - and moved swiftly past us 
The DUBAI GALACTIC was enroute upriver to the port of Kalama, sailing at a speed of 0.1 knots and expected to arrive there tonight at 12:30 PM. The vessel DUBAI GALACTIC is a 16year old Bulk Carrier built in 2007, and currently sailing under the flag of Marshall Islands.

We unloaded the water and the oil when we got home, and parked the Highlander. Neither of us have ever cooked with grapeseed oil before, so this will be a new experience for both of us ;-)

Holland likes to deep fry foods, so I'm thinking we'll be getting a taste of the oil before this week ends.

Health benefits of Grapeseed Oil:(Health benefits of Grapeseed Oil:
(https://www.webmd.com/diet/grapeseed-oil-health-benefits

Overall, grapeseed oil is a good choice for deep frying due to its high smoke point and neutral flavor. Chefs love it because it has a neutral taste and a somewhat high smoke point (a bit higher than canola, and much higher than olive), which makes it perfect for sautรฉing and other higher-heat applications without adding any burnt oil off-flavors.

Most notably, grapeseed oil has significantly more vitamin E than most other cooking oils, which contributes to a healthy diet. Because vitamin E has high antioxidant properties, it can reduce the damage done by free radicals to the body's cells. Grapeseed oil contains a potent combination of vitamin E, flavonoids, polyphenols, and linoleic acid, which all promote healthy hair growth and scalp health (good news for me!).

Studies showed that oral administration of olive and grape seed extracts have anti-osteoarthritis effects due to their anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory effects; studies also have shown that the use of grape seed extract can improve how damaged kidneys function by almost 10 percent; this is very significant for those who have chronic kidney failure. The same goes for liver function. Grapeseed oil may lower blood pressure, thin your blood, and increase blood flow … so caution is advised for those taking blood-thinning or blood pressure medications.

Today was a great day.

Tomorrow we'll be back to the grind ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment