Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

RISK THE RISK ~Battleground Daytrip

I had a dental appointment Monday, and Tuesday was my first day teaching an adult study class … so, I had slated today with plans to drive to Battleground – but when I checked the weather app, my "over the mountain and through the woods" thought (quick trip to Battleground and back, ferrying goodies home) was stopped in its tracks when I read this weather notation:

WOWSERS! The rest if the week won't be much warmer. And we STILL have that pesky humidity to deal with.

For a bit there, I consoled myself with Squatch ... and kept the "joy juice" flowing 😉

But I kept thinking about what I wanted; and Albertson’s was the only place I could find any of it (the stores here just don’t carry any of it).

So, I looked up the hourly weather forecast for Battleground, and it looked promising. I decided to risk the drive – the backroads from here to there couldn’t be any risker than the local backroads here that I will be driving every week (unless they are absolutely unpassable). I accepted a teaching position for Mondays and Tuesdays … I will have to drive “ify” rods at some point until Spring 2023: Bob always wanted me to stay off the roads when ice was in the mix (Bob’s logic: “I know you can do it, Babe – but it’s the drivers coming at you, that concerns me”); but there’s just me now, and sometimes risks have to be taken to move forward.

I know Elohim is watching out for me. I know Yeshua loves me (and is my absolute defense against all and everything). And I know I have a Guardian Angel assigned to me, personally (lest I should stub my toe against a rock in my path 😉).

I finished my coffee, and decided to go.

My guy friends are always telling me that the Highlander will handle well in adverse weather conditions; I decided to test the high-altitude backroads, with their confidences echoing in my ears. If there were ice patches in shaded sections of the backroads, I would just have to bull my way through … with a hope and a prayer. That’s what Bob would have done.

I CAN DO THIS 😊

Hourly weather in Battleground, today ... I think I'll be okay.
Crash Course Lesson starts today ...
Coffee for the road.
A 23-cent drop ...

I thought I’d drive the short distance from home to Woodland on the freeway (maybe 25 minutes) – then jump off, and take the backroads from there. But I couldn’t even stand 10 minutes on the freeway: I jumped off at the Kalama River Road Exit. And I’m glad I did … as I was making the turn onto the exit ramp, I heard police cars wailing at top speed up the freeway towards Woodland direction. I was thankful I had made my snap decision, because I would not be trapped on the freeway for hours behind backed up traffic at the wreak site.

However, I did not totally escape it:

Every cop car, and emergency vehicle, was called out to attend to the freeway happening; Kalama.

I found out later, that it was not a freeway wreak – it was a prank school bomb alert that had police and emergency vehicles responding {{On November 9, 2022 at about 10:17 A.M., the Woodland Police Department received a call into the office reporting a bomb at Woodland High School. The caller was transferred to Cowlitz 911 where more information was obtained. The caller advised there was one bomb located in a classroom at the school. WHS was immediately notified and an evacuation of the building of all students and staff was conducted.

Additional assistance was requested from the Cowlitz County Sheriff's Office, WSP, Kalama PD, and Clark-Cowlitz Fire & Rescue to assist at the scene.

Officers conducted a thorough check of the interior and exterior of the building over the ensuing hour. After completing a search of the school, the school was turned back over to WHS staff.

The origination of the call is being investigated in an attempt to locate the person responsible for making the threat.

Due to this threat and the previous one on October 10th, the FBI has been contacted and will be assisting in the investigation.}}

GPS was also rerouting me to go around the congested traffic. GPS led me on a merry goose-chase

I was glad I topped the tank before leaving Longview!

Why on earth GPS led me up into the clouds is a mystery! The normal route was perfectly clear to travel, as I found out when I eventually dropped back down off the mountain top and found myself staring at the very road I needed.

But the unnecessary side trip did solve a 2-year contemplation: that itch was scratched, and I’m cured of the “I wonder …” concerning that road 😉

In that sense, the loopy, steep drive, was worth the risk.

Upper end of Martins Bluff Road out of Kalama - in the Green Mountain area.
Very high – very steep.
THIS is what I was aiming for, before the GPS wild ride!
Finally in familiar territory, on my way to Woodland jump road.
My curiosity was satisfied - hopefully the steep side-trip will not be repeated. Ever. For any reason.

Passing through La Center, I pulled over at the Bakery and grabbed some chocolate eclairs to toss into the freezer for a welcome treat some cold night, when I’m sitting cozily by the fireplace reading 😊

Goodies for a feel-good-moment.

The rest of the drive went smoothly.

The strip Mall is small, and that’s fine with me. I snagged a prime parking spot at Albertson’s 😊

I didn’t find what I primarily went for … but I found a good alternative. I grabbed a dozen eggs so I can bake cookies (the type of ‘clean’ eggs I want), and I did some odds-n-ends grocery shopping (things I do not have laid away in my 6-month food cache; things only found at Albertson’s). Proverbs 31:14

I stayed on budget.

And a.g.a.i.n. traffic was rerouted … and again, GPS went faaaar afieldbut I remembered what Bob had taught me about homing direction, and managed to get myself headed in the correct direction: calmly 😉

The risky guess paid off.

I saw more new countryside.

I'm getting better at handling Life's unexpected hiccups.

Finally reached my destination - snagged a parking spot practically at the door; Battleground-WA
One of the reasons I made the drive ... eggs without vaccine toxins.
Again - WAAAY OFF the beaten track on the way home.
GPS is pulling ‘a Bob', taking me 150 ways to get from A to B!
Don’t know where I am, for the second time today: I turned Left at the 4-way junction; it was the correct hunch; it dropped me into Woodland.

What a day of adventuring; all I wanted to do was get some food stuffs, when I set out this morning! I was glad to park the Highlander at home. Too tired to cook, I reheated some lentil mixture and had a couple Lentil Tacos for Supper. They hit the spot; and will be a repeat recipe.

Lentil tacos for Supper; DELISH!
Lentil Taco recipe:

Now, I’m going to relax with a hot cocoa, and a vintage black-n-white movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment