Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, October 13, 2022

LEMONS

What a day!

It started out okay …

But before noon had arrived it had become a lemon

I was planning on spending all day with my friends at Oak Point; so, after dressing my body and face, I grabbed a flavored coffee and headed into town to fill the gas tank (I plan on being in Graysriver tomorrow, and the tank was low) and that’s when the easy-peasy day turned into a lemon πŸ˜‰

I pulled into the gas terminal … and could not get the locking gas cap off.

Seriously.

I tried for a good 15 minutes before I finally gave up, pulled back onto the main road – and backtracked to O’Reilly’s Auto Supplies: there was no help there at all >:-(

So, I turned back towards town – and crossed the border into Kelso, pulling in at Dick Hanna’s Toyota to pick some male brains, there. Eureka! I struck gold 😊

When I arrived and walked into the building, a fella who worked there opened the door for me and asked if I was there for an appointment, I said, “Yes”. He asked if I had a scheduled appointment, I said, “No” – and followed that reply up with, “actually, I have a question that I hope will have a simple answer. My locking gas cap won’t come off, and I need it to come off so I can fill my tank. When it turns, it sounds like it’s stripped.” He heard me out, then said, “Let’s have a look; if it absolutely won’t come out, we may have to break it into pieces; which means you’ll need to buy another cap. I said, “Buying another cap is fine with me: I just need to be able to put gas in the tank”. He followed me out the Highlander; I flipped the tank flap cover open and handed him my key. He got the cap off in less than a second (!), and said, “That’s what I thought the problem was.” So, I asked him how he did it, and he showed me – then I tried it myself, just to be sure it was okay, again. Then, I thanked him, hopped into the car, and drove off 😊

He said that over time the lock shifts with use, and the cap has to be reset.

Locking gas cap issues.
Praying a blessing on Dan - the Man. LOL

I arrived at my Oak Point destination late, but that was okay; the main thing was to get together for fun.

And we did: and Ruby and Jacob showed up (I had never met them before – I like them!) Ruby has a very good voice, and can sing Acapulco perfectly; Jacob was just there to add support, and visit with his father 😊

When I left, Lynn loaded me down with yumminess (he loves to cook, and no one goes away without something) – so, I told him, “You are going to make me fat with all your good food! I’m going to put a little sign on my scales that reads: “BLAME LYNN!” And we all laughed.

I am truly thankful for where my life is, at this point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment