Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, September 25, 2022

WHO IS THIS NEW ME?

The alarm clock was incessantly buzzing on schedule this morning, and I staggered towards it mumbling, “Is it 8 AM already?”

I did something last night that I’d never done before: I left the house at 8 PM … and didn’t get back home until after midnight. A friend was canning tuna and asked me to come help and keep him company – so, I did πŸ˜‰

Pints of tuna waiting for their turn in the Pressure Cooker Water Bath ... I chopped; David packed & cooked.

I showed up at his place, laughingly saying, “Well aren’t you special; I don’t do this sort of thing for just anyone.” And I don’t. But David is a good, and faithful friend; and we’ve known each other since we were kids. He’s the big brother I never had. I really had fun last night sitting outside, listening to the coyotes howling and yipping in the surrounding hills, and visiting in the cool nighttime: I haven’t done that with anyone in a long time. I’m glad he thought to call me – I’m glad I answered the call 😊

The geese were noisily flying overhead this morning while I was dressing. It made me smile, because it heralded the changing of the seasons – visually noticing the changing is kinda “ify” in Washington State, and it really depends on where you live. Washington State is called the “Evergreen State” for a reason.

So, I like to thumb my nose at all the greenery around me, and infuse my immediate space with lots of color.

I was going to be wearing my reddish jeggings today, so I paired them with my primrose hued cut-sleeve blouse. By the time I finished dinking around with makeup, and slipped my feet into flat-soled shoes – and placed lipstick and lipgloss in my purse … I walked out of the house in a blaze of pink: even the tint of the perfume I spritzed on, was pink colored πŸ˜‰

I’m getting girlie in my “old age”; hahaha

And strangely, I don’t seem to mind.

Who is this new me???

Glittery Fuchsia for eyelid color & Purple for 'liner'; Auburn Eyebrow Gel, & 'Burgundy' Mascara.

Until this year, I never wore so much pink! But my hair is a lot grayer this year, so the color pink (even in overabundance; LOL) isn’t so overwhelming.

I left the carport later than anticipated, so I skipped the long-way-route, and stuck to Ocean Beach Highway. I wanted to arrive at my destination at time; I had armchair detective deductions to contemplate with my selective Sleuth Sisters πŸ˜‰

The drive to Graysriver was pretty uneventful, until I started over the KM mountain and a speed demon with a burr under his saddle, wanted to tangle with me.

Immature ass-rider all the way over the KM
MPO is that the driver was a demonrat – a hypocrite with an over-inflated ego.

I was still shaking my head when I arrived at Ramona’s. On schedule ... and everyone was talking about canning tuna, there, too: apparently, this is a "thing" I am only now at 65, finding out about. Hmmm

I really enjoy these get-together’s and I will miss them sorely over the Winter months, but the KM gets unstable (serious slide dangers), and Graysriver floods. So, October will be the last month I can safely travel that way until March of 2023

I like how we have bonded, and genuinely care for each other. I appreciate the inclusion, and I am thankful Elohim has brought us together to share our time on Earth, for as long as we can 😊

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Paula: I include YOU in my small Tribe, too :-)

    These gals are great - about 4 or us - get together once a week. It's good for me. God is good; He always knows what I need, when I need it ;-)

    Have a funtastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete