Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, September 15, 2022

NOT DANCING WITH MYSELF TONIGHT πŸ˜‰

Tonight, was jammin’ time 😊

I dolled myself up … and hit the road πŸ˜‰

Green outfit, green eye accent, and green mascara …

I was about 15 minutes late in arriving at the session, because I ran into town to grab a flavored coffee. As soon as I walked through the open door, I could hear Corrina, singing with J – I’d met Corrina last weekend, and invited her to join us: I sensed she’d have a great voice … and she does!

I’d left home hoping to see her with us tonight; I’m really glad she showed. I’d take pictures, but everyone has not consented to that, so I’m being respectful and keeping the phone in my purse when there

While I was watching/listening to the band tease Corrina by playing the old rock and roll ‘Corrine, Corrina’ song, CM came over and joined me on the sidelines. When she heard why I was late, she offered to gift me with an espresso maker she doesn’t use (she’s only used it 4 times, so it’s practically new πŸ˜‰). I am glad for the gifting.

Ray Peterson – ‘Corrine Corrina’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouanlAQ-QXg)

Then, a fella showed up that I’d not met yet – I’d heard members of the jam group talk of him, and he sounded intriguing (don’t get excited folks … Judah is about 24 years old – and I’m not interested in romantic intrigues: no matter what age). But it was fun to get to know him. He’s very personable, and keen to aid wherever he can be of service in the group. I could see that he's going to be a good asset if he keeps coming back.

I can’t tell yu’all how much I thoroughly enjoy these Thursday shindigs. I love music. I like live garage style bands. I like watching songs being created on the spot. I like that I am a permanent fixture with the Group. I like hearing, “Here’s comes the wild child now!” when I walk through the door. I like that I can be ME when I am with them 😊

I left around somewhere around 8 PM, because it was quite dark by then, and Ocean Beach Highway tends to fill with lunatic driver’s when the sun sets (I prefer being home before pitch-black-nightfall; that didn’t happen tonight) … and as I was nearing the end of Mill Creek Road, I happened to see a super-sized Cruise Ship, cruising up the Columbia River; so I turned onto Ocean Beach Highway – and quickly pulled over into the Oak Point turnout along, 2 shakes of a lamb’s tail away from where I’d caught sight of the hulking luxury liner.

Laughter and music echoing from the passing luxery liner, reached my ears in the Highlander, on the Oak Point turnout.
'American Harmony' Cruise Ship, heading up the Columbia River to Astoria-OR

I watched the huge ship pass, then I continued homeward – turning off at Germany Creek and driving over Eufaula Heights to Coal Creek, which ties into the small portion of Ocean Beach Highway very near my home. It’s a half hour longer that a straight drive from A to B … but I don’t have to deal with lunatic drivers, so it’s worth the extra distance, to me πŸ˜‰

Germany Creek Rd. to Eufaula Heights Rd., via Stella Road - 16 mins.
Eufaula Heights Rd. to Coal Creek Rd.; 9 mins.
Coal Creek Road to Heron Pointe; 6 mins.

It was a funtastic night with friends.

It was great meeting Judah (interesting name for an interesting fella πŸ˜‰).

I can’t wait until next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment