Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, August 25, 2022

END OF SUMMER GARDEN CLEANUP

I worked all day long in my garden area – tearing my limping garden out, and weeding overwintering plants. The veggies got into the garden late in the season due to the late snowfall and continuing freezing weather that didn’t let up until May; so, I knew planting veggies seeds was an act of futility. But today, everything came out of the garden beds.

I laid cardboard down in each bed. I’d used cardboard before in my other ground-plowed-gardens, and liked the results, so I see no reason cardboard should not work as well in raised veggies beds. By the time Spring sowing season arrives again, my beds will be ready and waiting πŸ˜‰

These packing boxes I bought at Lowe's 5 years ago, will work well for what I intend to use them for today ...
Lining my Garden Boxes with cardboard 'mulch' to keep the weeds down until next year's Spring Garden; short sided boxes.
I don't have to fold the side flaps down when lining the tall sided boxes ...

While the cleaning-up bug was stirring strongly, I also cleaned up the plastic bins I store my Geraniums in, over winter.

I still have some Lot (my home sits on an urban city lot) chores to do, in preparation for the Fall & Winter months; but the big chore is out of the way 😊

Grape Hyacinths are already coming up - it's early, but here they are; shooting up.
I didn't pull this fiddle-head-fern; I like ferns. It will lend a 'country feel' to my urban Lot.
I might transplant these Dahlia's and highlight them at the front of the garden area next Spring.
Ditto with theses Calla Lilies, too. Right now, they are in the middle of the garden area - kinda hidden ... and they are outgrowing thier present container.
I also hosed these bins out, and left them to air-dry in the sunlight; I use them to overwinter my Geranium plants.

I spent 8 hours in the garden area, so I didn’t make the Jam Session – my feet, and legs, ached: I stayed home and kicked back to relax the muscles. Whether I feel up to joining my sleuth sisters for a day of arm-chair-case solving tomorrow afternoon (or not) will be determined tomorrow when I roll out of bed πŸ˜‰

Won't be making Thursday Jam Session tonight ...
Hoping I feel up to meeting with my Sleuth Sisters tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment