Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, August 11, 2022

CRISP WAFFLES RECIPE ~Chocolate Waffles

Chocolate Waffles; 14 ct.

I woke up this morning with a hankering for waffles. I don’t usually eat waffles (that was Bob’s thing), but today I was prodded to make a batch. Maybe it’s the shorter days and the overnight rains that brought the prod on ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway … a batch got made. And I added about a ¼ of a cup of powdered chocolate to the mix. Chocolate is a good mood booster on dreary days ๐Ÿ˜Š

Health Benefits of Chocolate: https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-chocolate#1

My waffle iron is a small one, so my waffles are small; they’re about the size of (14 ct., 4” x 4” square) the frozen waffles you buy and pop into the toaster.

The original recipe – which I am posting – only makes 3 ct. 10” waffles

CRISP WAFFLES

2 Eggs * 1¾ cup Milk (decrease to 1 ½ cups if you prefer puffy waffles) * ½ cup Margarine, butter, or vegetable oil * 2 cup all-purpose Flour * 4 teaspoons baking Powder * 1 Tablespoon granulated Sugar * ½ teaspoon Salt

Heat waffle iron.

Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy; beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour batter from a measuring cup onto center of hot waffle iron. Bake until steaming stops – about 5 minutes. Remove waffle carefully.

Do-ahead Tip: After baking and cooling, wrap waffles individually in aluminum foil and freeze. To heat, unwrap and bake on ungreased cookie sheet in 400-degree oven until hot, 8 to 10 minutes. 

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of chocolate waffles! Wow. #InspireMeMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either - I just did it today. It felt right ;-)

      Have a funtastic weekend, Lydia!

      Delete
  2. oh I love chocolate waffles but my home made ones never look as good as yours, I think I have the habit of trying to remove them too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning as I move forward: Bob always made breakfast ... his waffles were perfect.

      I've learned to wait until the steam stops before lifting the waffle maker lid ;-)

      Enjoy your week, Anne :-)

      Delete
  3. These look great! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party!! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they are delish :-)

      Have a funtastic weekend!

      Delete