Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, March 31, 2022

AMBITIOUS DAY

I woke up missing my little grandson this morning.

I also woke up breathing easier, so I decided to go for a drive to change the direction of my thoughts.

Still a bit breathless, and a little shaky ... but, I am breathing easier.
The Naselle Coffee Hour worked for me today ...

I enjoyed spending time with my friends in Naselle; I haven’t seen any of them since last Fall, though I have texted back and forth since December, and had planned to drive that way next week.

I just bumped the visitation day up, this morning 😉

As I was leaving, Judy asked me if I was planning on visiting Bob’s gravesite on my way home … and I said, “Not today – next time, for sure. I’m feeling ambitious today, having been housebound the past two weeks; so, I think I’ll take a long country drive home via Raymond, Pe Ell, and Vader.”

It rained off and on during the scenic route.

There was a landslide, and road repair happening along a stretch of highway at Bone River – so, I slipped my cowboy music CD in the player, and prayed to God an impish ocean wind wouldn't whip up, and slip under the Highlander: this was not a good place to be stopped – the winds that blow through this stretch of highway, can be very dangerous ones. God was merciful; the music was relaxing, and the halt in traffic was blessedly short.

Road work at Bone River; the Cowboy Music CD fit the lazy, rainy day mood; Bone River, WA.
Running low on gas at Curtis; the Pe Ell-Boistfort-Wildwood Junction ...
Boistfort Store.
The antiquated pumps do work, but I was given friendly advice due to the high price quoted.
I decided to trust her advice ... after all people in farm country know what they are talking about mileage-wise.
By and large, my experience with country folk has always been enjoyable.

Everytime I drive the Wildwood Road, I find myself chuckling and thinking of Jim Stafford singing the Wildwood Weed song 😉

I also noticed that the road has been compromised, and is slipping; it isn’t treacherous yet, but it will need attention to be stabilized.

Turning off Wildwood Road, and driving a bit further down Highway 506 towards Vader, I actually laughed out loud when I saw oversized chickens standing in a front yard – the song was still echoing in my head 😊

Wildwood Road & Hwy 506, between Wildwood & Vader.
Colorful chickens along Highway 506 ... I laughed out loud, thinking of the fabled potency of the song’s wildwood weed seeds ðŸ˜‰
Jim Stafford – ‘Wildwood Weed’ Song -

I did manage to get all the way into Longview without coasting up to a gas pump on fumes – I was thankful.

Sixty dollars, was what it ran me to fill the tank this afternoon ...

And I will make sure not to leave home again, for a long leisurely drive, without making sure the tank is filled to the brim: I know better. Being in a hurry to see friends, is no excuse to be lazy. I know me – I always end up taking side road/back road excursions … the tank needs to be full before I hit the road.

Leaving the gas terminal, I decided to drive downtown and grab some groceries at Winco. Standing in line, waiting to be checked out, I noticed something new being offered in Longview: I was surprised – and glad to see it, too.

It’s about time Longview got up to speed.

Something new at Winco.

Leaving Winco, I caught sight of the white hearse that has become a frequent sight lately. It’s not clear if the hearse is actually a business vehicle – or someone’s private vehicle (this contemplation is not as strange as it sounds).

I have seen this white hearse all over Longview.

Today was an enjoyable day.

Today was a nail-biting day.

Today was an interesting day.

And tomorrow is going to be a fun day too 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment