Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, May 9, 2021

SKAMOKAWA FLEA MARKET

This afternoon I went to a flea market in a neighboring county.

I used to spend a lot of time at the Skamokawa Grange: there are happy memories connected to that place.

Skamokawa from Heron Pointe - 29 minutes.

But I wasn’t happy this afternoon – the place has been allowed to fall into disrepair. It was surrounded by tall grass that hadn’t seen a lawn mower in years … and it stunk with forlorn abandonment. By the smell that assailed me as I cleared the threshold, it had not been used in a very long time. I had a raging migraine (even my teeth hurt) from the damp odor by the time I paid for my small purchase, and left.

After I gave my “donation” and escaped into rain driven fresh air, I hopped over to the Duck Inn to have a sandwich lunch.

I knew, before leaving home that I would eat at the Duck Inn.

I also knew that I am getting tired of staring at an empty seat across from me in restaurants … and watching couples eating/chatting together – it’s not a jealousy thing: I just miss my ‘someone special’. I’m glad for the couples that have each other, but I do miss my man.

So, before I left home, I grabbed the paperback I have been reading.

It would be a good distraction while waiting for my sandwich.

And it is a good story 😉

I've officially become one of the 'Lonely Hearts' ... reading while restaurant eating.

I ordered a Reuben sandwich; I haven’t had one in a while, and it {fit} the rainy atmosphere 😊.

A Rueben sandwich for lunch.

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day.

Tomorrow it will be rainy, also.

I’ll probably stay home and vegetate.

No comments:

Post a Comment