Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, May 27, 2021

RAINY DAY MUSES

I went to sleep last night, to the backbeat of quick stepping/light-footed raindrops tap-dancing across the roof over my head.

I woke up this morning, to a chaotic melee of intermediate rainfall, partnered with sporadic gusty river winds.

Gusty day; river winds circle and strike blows.
The river winds leaning into the taller tree tops - HARD.
My patriotic whirligig in a constant whirl.
Bob's windchimes gently chiming.

Thank Elohim, that next few days look bright, warm, and peaceful πŸ˜‰

I don’t mind the occasional house entrapment when Mother Nature kicks up a fuss … but, I do mind not seeing my friends: rain has been playing havoc with my coffee time in Naselle, my Fellowship Sundays, and the general laid-back getting out and about.

For the past two weeks, Sunday’s have been rained on (too rainy to drive the lengthy drive to Fellowship) – Naselle’s meetups have been rained on (too rainy to risk crossing the KM), and when I have been able to get out and about between rainy interludes … it’s a mad-dash affair, to get everything done before the next forecasted downpour.

Watching the raindrops slash my windows today – and the river winds beat and thrash the towering tree tops and shrubby ornamental trees; I was thankful my garden was being watered for free … and I researched information/mapped a route up the Lewis River Road and through a portion of the Gorge, that I hope to be able to make sometime in June: by then, any snowbanks in the higher elevations should be melted enough for safe passage (hope, hope).

And there should be someone at the Pine Creek Information Center next time I drive there – this will have to be planned carefully, because the staff will only be there from 11 AM to 1 PM: not a whole heck of a lot of time to be available

(https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2021/05/a-day-to-remember.html)

But, if I leave home at 9:30 AM, I should make it in time as long as there isn’t a freeway snafu that would eat into the time.

I choose to look on the bright side, and hope for a good outcome 😊

I’ve color-coded routes on the map I got yesterday … but I still need to double-check to make sure all the roads will be open and cleared for travel. I do not want to find myself in a dicey situation miles from civilization, on a mountain backroad between check points: there will be no cell service, and spotty Ranger Stations along the route. Bob is no longer available to lean on for backroad knowledge, and soothing support if things go awry. And even though I hike (8 miles, tops) – I do not hike anywhere near the mileage it will take to walk out of the mountains! Nor, am I at 64, physically equipped to do that; I may still feel young, but my body is not as young as I like to believe I am πŸ˜‰

So, I really need to have all my ducks in a row, and make human contact at the Pine Creek Information Center before I head off into the wilds.

I plotted 3 possible routes ... I think I'll do the shorted (red coded) one first.
I’ll be carrying more than Bob’s love with me on this trip … I’ll be tapping into past memories of each route I decide to drive: and hope some of Bob’s brainwaves during those drives have been branded onto my gray matter.

But, for tonight – in the present moments, the rain seems to have slowed down from this morning and afternoon’s wrestling with the wind.

Perfect for a quiet read in bed; relaxed and engrossed in a mystery until the slow rhythmic rainfall ferries me to dreamland …

I Love A Rainy Night: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yLlG1POr9c)

No comments:

Post a Comment