Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, January 17, 2021

ADVENTURE AWAITS

When the “25th Month” date arrived, I marked it by getting out the travel magazines I’ve been hoarding; thumbing through the pages, marking interesting destinations – jotting down point locale addresses (GPS necessity), phone number (to make sure certain places will be up and running efficiently before I hit the road), mileage information, overnight costs (if I plan that into the adventure): and slipping those notations into my Daytrip Anticipations Jar …

Daytrip Ambitions Jar filled up - 2 new adventures can be pulled each month.

… it’s filling up very nicely πŸ˜‰ 

There are enough folded slips of paper in that jar to allow for two adventurous daytrips a month (places I have never been to with Bob); and all but two of the destinations are under 5 hours round trip – easily doable, with plenty of time to stop and smell the roses πŸ˜‰

All but two adventures are shoe-string ventures (I am very frugal), and I have been saving “a dollar here, a dollar there”; all year long for the possible overnighter’s – that will depend on how soon the State opens businesses up without tyrannical mandates continuing into 2024 … and beyond.

I am ready to stop living on the past memories Bob and I made together, and start embarking fully on making fresh, new memories; solo lobo.

For the present, spontaneity won’t be as prevalent as it was – I will need the detailed details to make these daytrips a success: spontaneity can be entertained again, after I learn the roadways, landscapes, and reginal nuances better.

Yesterday afternoon, when I got back home from hiking (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2021/01/life-moves-pretty-fast-shabbat.html), I contacted one of the places I hope to visit this year, and made some inquires. Rimrock Lake Resort is in Naches: Naches is the halfway mark for rattlesnake country. Bob would have known this information I was seeking … I am not Bob – and the question seemed important to me.

I hate snakes; and I really do not want to encounter a rattler. So, I asked if there were rattlesnakes in Naches. The reply I received, was that Rimrock Lake Resort is in the mountains, not downtown … there are no rattlesnakes in the mountain resort area. So, this adventure destination is still on my “to do’ radar πŸ˜‰

Naches via White Pass (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swle4VkPJ5g)

And it will be HUGE STEP for me: I will have to drive over White Pass. I have never driven that highway solo lobo; and it can be treacherous. It’s a mountain pass that is heavily traveled – it gets shaken, and part of the road I will be driving was destroyed in a landslide a few years back. I will be a little nervous driving over that patch job (it didn’t look very ‘stabilized’ to me while it was being rebuilt). The alternative is to take the long way, over Chinook Pass and through Yakima, to backtrack to Naches – and like I stated … I hate snakes. Yakima is rattlesnake territory. I didn’t mind going there with Bob, but it is not something I would willingly do solo lobo.

White Pass is a dicey road to travel even on the best of days: beautiful … but treacherous.

White Pass Road Event (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lOgbIVg030)

White Pass Closed 2013 (http://www.chronline.com/news/updated-u-s-highway-12-near-white-pass-remains-closed/article_05eb644a-2ace-11e3-ac8d-001a4bcf887a.html)

When I pull that slip, I’ll have to pray long and hard about loading the car; then pull out of the carport, fueled with Faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment