Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, October 30, 2020

OVER THE MOUNTAIN & THRU THE WOODS ...

I spent most of the day preparing for tomorrow’s Bazaar in Rosburg.

Potted sedums & Christmas Cactus’ are tucked into their tagged crocheted covers.
The cactus slips remind me of my life following Bob’s ‘graduation’; and how I’m salvaging the broken pieces and nurturing them to take root and become whole again – apart from the original, but healed and thriving again.
There are buds on every Christmas Cactus slip.
Boxing up the sedums and cacti.
Adding a small $-Tree wire rack for remaining potted Christmas Cactus’.
Tightly packed upper layer, so the potted containers do not shift enroute tomorrow and lose their buds.
A small plastic spoon was added for more bolster support.
My 3-year-old White Christmas Cactus has been in bloom for about 2 weeks.
My 19-year-old Pink Christmas Cactus had started to bud, about a week ago … and in bloom this morning :-D
My Geranium slips are coming along fine; and the Pink Begonia stalks are rooting.

Tomorrow I will be leaving Longview before the AM rising sun dimly brightens the horizon.

I will be driving through fog patches along the Columbia River route (and praying there will be no falling rocks careening off the rocky bluffs), and driving through lowland valley fog patches; as well as crossing the fog shrouded KM (902 ft. elev.) – which is really just a big hill, as it falls 100 ft short of actual mountain status: and it’s not that difficult to scale on foot, either (I’ve hiked over the KM many, many times – it’s was a looooong country-mile-walk, but it was not too strenuous).

However, since the hill started slipping and sliding in the 1980’s, any travel over that route is tricky: the hill continues to slide when the wet season rolls around.

It has begun to rain.

The wet season is settling in.

The KM slid pretty bad in February 2020.

The roadway is still a construction site.

None of this would bother Bob.

But, Bob is no longer a traveling companion to me, here on Earth: he has been riding the clouds beyond the blue for 22 months/16 days/13 hours & 9 min’s … to be exact.

Moving through creepy fog bothers me.

It is disorienting.

It can be startling.

My upended life has been mysterious enough throughout my brain-fog-solo lobo journey …

… I don’t need the added stress atmospheric fog creates along the highway.

All your senses go into High Alert.

It’s a good thing to be more aware.

It’s a bad thing to be constantly on-edge.

It’s a good thing to mentally stimulated.

It’s a bad thing to be driving blindly.

Fog is a double-edge sword.

The drive to Rosburg from my carport here, is about an hour’s drive on clear, sunny days; it will be a little longer tomorrow morning if the fog is thick.

It will be a lot unnerving.

Rosburg Hall from Longview – about 59 minutes (46.8 miles)

The car is loaded.

Car loaded and ready to go tomorrow morning.

And, the alarm clock is set.

I also made a little solar lamp thingee to place in the wrought iron holder alongside Bob’s cremains placement in our Plot Block in Eden Valley Cemetery. I’ll drive out there and do that following the Bazaar tomorrow afternoon, before heading back home.

Solar Lamp & Greenery I will be placing on our Plot Block tomorrow after the Bazaar.

I won’t be back this way again until Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment