Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, June 17, 2019

ETERNAL FATHER’S DAY


My day was pretty quiet today.

I missed Bob.

A lot.

This is the first time in 45 years, Bob has not been present for Father’s Day.

But you know what?

Bob is with our Heavenly Father; so he is having a day with our Father that will never come to an end – guess that trumps anything that is happening down here, on Earth :-D

Knowing that, took the edge off missing him.

I had some BBQ ribs for Supper because Bob liked BBQ Ribs, and I ate some of my home-style garden-fresh salad (loaded with an abundance of healthy greens - purslane ranking the highest for nutritional value and healing proprieties) with a new tangy salad dressing I found while browsing through one of my cooking magazines:


But first I brought my fresh picked greens out of the crisper and tore them into bite-size pieces …

LITTLE GEM LETTUCE
L to R: NASTURTIUM LEAVES, PURSLANE, & MINER’S LETTUCE
SALAD of Mascara-Tom Thumb-Deer Tongue & Little Gem Lettuces; Nasturtium leaves & Flowers; Purslane; Miner's Lettuce; & Johnny-Jump-Up Violas

Then I made the beefed-up dressing - this stuff is practically a meal by itself, it's so loaded with stuff:

==TANGY DRESSING ~ Yield: 1 cup

¼ cup Mayonnaise * ¼ cup Ketchup * 1-1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice * 1-1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil * 1 hard-cooked Egg, finely chopped * 1 Tablespoon Celery, finely chopped * 1 Tablespoon Green Pepper, finely chopped * 1 Tablespoon Onion, finely chopped * 1 Tablespoon Parsley, finely chopped

Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Cover and chill thoroughly.

After Supper, I hung some sprigs of English Thyme to air-dry (the rest went into the freezer for a taste of "fresh" during the winter months)

ENGLISH THYME hung to dry on a rack Bob made for me. It’s made of PVC, so it is light and easy to set up and move about; but strong enough to hang whatever I want on it: it had previously been used for my hanging Bazaar items like baby things and children’s sweaters.

And made myself a 4-pc. Christmas Hot pad Set – an early BD gift to myself ;-)

4 -PC HOT PAD SET. Christmas Stripe Hot Pad Set. Sm-Md-Lrg Pads & 1 Hot Hat. Crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment