Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, May 18, 2019

OVEN FRIED FISH FILLETS Recipe


I haven’t had fish in a while … Bob would eat fish under protest … and I haven’t really felt like cooking for the past 5 months.

I cooked up a storm the first week after his graduation, mostly for something to do to keep me from flying apart: and I portioned those meals and froze them – taking them out and reheating them when and if I felt like eating a full meal. Usually all I wanted was a fast sandwich, so those frozen meals lasted until last week.

Now, they are gone … and I actually feel like cooking again, and eating more than a quick sandwich.

So.

Nothing fancy … just delicious home cooking ;-)

Tonight, I am baking a fish fillet and a foil-wrapped veggie packet. All but the potato and fish came from my garden – and the breadcrumbs are homemade from start to finish too because they are ground dried homemade bread heels. Maybe next year I can grow my own spuds too. I got a late start with my garden this year due to more home repair and maintenance projects, and the potatoes I ordered had been sold out; maybe better luck next year ;-)

Anyway …

This recipe comes from my ‘Southern Living/Cooking Light’ Cookbook I bought at a garage sale a few years ago. The veggie packets are my own concoction, and I put them in the oven to cook about a half hour before I put the fish in the oven:

OVEN FRIED FISH FILLETS ~serves 4

1 pound Flounder (or Sole) fillets * 1 Tablespoon reduced calorie Mayonnaise * 6 Tablespoons fine, dry Breadcrumbs * 2 Tablespoons minced fresh Parsley * ½ teaspoon Paprika * Vegetable Cooking Spray * lemon wedges (optional)


Coat fillets with mayonnaise. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and paprika (I used frozen minced parsley, so I added the parsley to the mayonnaise). Dredge coated fillets in breadcrumb mixture:


Arrange fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; bake at 450-degrees (425-degree oven for glass cooking dish) for 12 minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork:

Fish rolled in bread crumbs and ready for oven.

Serve with a lemon wedge. About 140 calories per serving.

==FOIL-WRAPPED VEGGIE PACKET ~serves 1

Cut a large piece of foil and fold it in half to strengthen it. On one half place 1 Potato cut in wedged ‘fingers’ * 4 small baby Carrots * ¼ cup quarted Onion pieces. Drizzle with Olive Oil and herb seasoning of choice:


Carefully fold opposite end of foil over veggie pieces and crimp edges securely so juices to not bubble out and run all over the oven:


Cook in a 425-degree oven for about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment