Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

EXTERIOR HOUSE PAINTING – Day 2


Well, Wednesday and come and gone, and Shaun said they will be back tomorrow to finish up. He originally said the job would take 3 days, so I expected that he would miss his optimistic Wednesday deadline ;-)

He is a nice young man.

I am asking Elohim to bless him and favor him because of his character, and also because he has been so kind to me.

And he hasn’t moved in to cheat me; as most people – I have found out over these past 4 months – will try to do when dealing with a widow. Or just a woman in general, widow or not.

Even the Boss works - I like that.

I specifically will not do business with a man that lords his position over his employees (I don’t like egomaniacs on principle), so I liked seeing Shaun get busy too; makes me feel better about the big $$$$ being paid out.

Front-facing Trim being painted ...
Gutters being painted. And nothing in my veggie garden boxes was damaged. The guys were really careful – I appreciate that in men.
Front porch ceiling, trims, rails, and porch DONE.

Everything looks so nice and bright!

I am going to enjoy sitting out here when everything is back in place ;-)

I had both sets of stairs and deck painted with safety sand in the paint. That is what Bob and I did with the last 2 houses we owned, and it sure made a difference when the rainy and icy months came around. Now that I am officially a Senior - and officially on my own, caution is a real necessity on the stairs.
The Carport stairs and deck landing is still wet ...
Lattice work smoothed and painted.
Carport ceiling is peeling as the wafer board does, but it looks better with a fresh coat of paint.

It doesn't look so shabby now when the sun sneaks under the overhang and shines on it. I am hoping the fresh applied paint may actually hold those loose pieces up there longer.


I think they missed it when their pizza was delivered and then got sidetracked when they started working again after lunch break. They were hungry and it got hot today.

I may have to stand over them tomorrow …

But these 2 were touched up.

I hope and pray tomorrow everything is finished and touched-up, and I can finally start to live in our home. I am really looking forward to settling in here without tripping over construction mess, and breathing in plaster dust.

The interior of our home has not had a thorough cleaning since the August nightmare altered our lives.

That was 8 months ago.

Bob got the better deal, for sure; his physical body died, but his Spirit will never die; and Bob is enjoying Yeshua’s company – who could ask for anything better!

Meanwhile, here on Earth, I would like to give the interior of our home a thorough Spring cleaning once and for all, without plaster dust settling over everything … or irritating my lungs because the ‘simple touch-up’ around the LED lights STILL is not done, and the dust is constantly being stirred up.

Hopefully tomorrow :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment