Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, January 1, 2018

COUNTRY PORK RIBS w-HERBS

Well … there were no more pork roasts to be had from our freezer when I went to get one to thaw. So I had to improvise. I grabbed the country-style ribs and prayed the jury-rigged-meal would suffice.

It did, and I will be substituting the ribs for roast off and on for this recipe in the future ;-)

The original recipe is actually, “Roast of Pork w-herbs”, and THAT is what I will be posting … but as I did, you too can substitute the country-style ribs and the effect is just as good. This is a stand-by recipe for me and we really enjoy it.

If you are only a couple as we are, just half the recipe; it works just as well.

This recipe smells heavenly as it cooks. It’s a perfect Winter meal dish where the sense need to be woke up in all the dreary weather.

PORK OF ROAST w-HERBS – Serves 8 – 10

1 loin of Pork, 8 – 10 pounds (or Country-style Pork Ribs) – 2 Tablespoons Butter – 1 teaspoon EACH Salt & ground Black Pepper – 1 Tablespoon granulated white Sugar – ½ cup Flour – 2 cups Beef broth – 1 cup Cider – 1 clove Garlic, minced – 1 teaspoon crushed Rosemary – 1 teaspoon chopped Basil, 1 teaspoon Nutmeg – 1 teaspoon Ginger – 1 cup heavy cream

Combine the butter, salt, pepper, and sugar; rub meat with the mixture. Sprinkle with flour and put into a moderate 350-degree oven. Cook 30 minutes. Then baste with mixture made of broth, cider, herbs, and spices together for 5 minutes. Cook an additional 3 to 3-1/2 hours. (See now why I almost always exclusively use my crockpots?)

Add cream to pan gravy and serve hot, but do not boil as this would curdle the cream.

CROCKPOT VERSION: Dredge meat with flour and sear in butter hot skillet. Place meat in crockpot; pour broth and cider over. Add salt, pepper, sugar, herbs, and spices.

Country-Style Pork Ribs in crockpot. I left off the flour this time too … and just added the butter to the crockpot with everything else.

Cook on LOW 6 hours.


Add cream to pan gravy and serve hot, but do not boil as this would curdle the cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment