Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, August 18, 2019

I ONLY WANT TO BE WITH YOU


I was G.O.N.E. ... waaay gone ... when I first saw Bob.

He walked past me on his way back to the High School after eating lunch at the Grade School Cafeteria (the HS didn't get their own cafeteria until the mid 1980's).

My heart panted for him - and I waited by the corner of the school EVERY DAY to watch him as he walked past.

It was pathetic! LMAO

I was 3 months shy of 10 years old: he was 17.

And my heart had been stolen - never to recover.

I only wanted to be with him.


Bob – 1967.
Bob and the first love of his life; his beloved Camero: he bought this car with his own hard-earned $$$. Bob was 17 in this picture.

The next year, I took up my position.

And waited.

For "the face".

HE NEVER CAME.

WTH?

I started asking around: "Where's the face?" I didn't know his name, but everyone knew WHO I was asking about: they had been watching me ;-)

HE GOT MARRIED after graduation!

I was crushed.

I became a teenager. I had a pretty steady boy friend - we had an 'understanding'; and I believe we could have made a good life together. We were friends, and we did care about each other's happiness.

But ... in my heart of hearts, I only wanted to be with 'the face'.

One night in March of 1974, I came face-to-face with THE FACE: and he had a name - I learned the name when I carded him. (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/04/magic-man.html)

I spilled the beans about the school corner peekaboo, and Bob laughed.

Then he was intrigued. We spent the rest of the night talking and getting to know each other.

Fate was in the works, and we didn't stand a chance of going our separate ways after that unexpected face-to-face meeting.

Bob gave me a jingle 2 weeks later ... and the rest is history ;-)


Our 1st date – April 19th, 1974. I was 17; Bob was 24.

We fell into each other's open arms every day from that moment forward.

My heart had been stolen - never to recover.

I only wanted to be with him.
(https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/08/making-love-out-of-nothing-at-all.html)


Home after a week’s vaca/Coor’s Beer Run to California – Summer, 1976. I was 18-1/2; Bob was 26.
The afternoon our life together started seriously unraveling … August 30th, 2018.
Bob was 69; I was 61.

No comments:

Post a Comment